It has been a while since I made peppermint creams. They along with marzipan fruits, really remind me of Christmas' past. The excitement of presents. Loads of food. Nuts and a nut cracker. My grandparents coming over, Only Fools and Horses on the TV. t is amazing how a simple recipe can stir a whole range of memories.
As Christmas is nearly upon us, I decided it was time to make some again. I know that some people don't like eating raw egg whites, but this is how I used to make them so I went with this old recipe. I decided to half dip them in chocolate, however, fully dipped would also be good.
Chocolate Dipped Peppermint Creams
- 100g dark chocolate
- 1 egg white
- 350g icing sugar
- a couple of drops of green colouring
- Separate the egg white and whisk until frothy.
- Add the green food colouring and whisk through. Then sift in the icing sugar.
- This should form a kind of dough. If it is too stiff add a drop of water. Too runny then add a bit more icing sugar.
- Roll into small balls and press down on some grease-proof paper.
- Leave to dry out overnight.
- Melt the dark chocolate in the microwave and dip the peppermint creams in.
What food do you love to make at Christmas? What recipes remind you of Christmas as a child?
Pin it for later: