As we are celebrating Birthdays galore at the moment, this is a small cake. I used a 5inch cake pan. If you want to make an 8 inch cake, I suggest double the ingredients.
Chocolate Explosion Cake
- 3oz self rasing flour
- 4oz caster sugar
- 4oz butter
- 2 eggs
- 1oz cocoa powder
- 1 tub of Betty Crocker's chocolate fudge frosting (I used about half a tub.)
- 2 packets of chocolate fingers
- a selection of your favourite chocolates and chocolate bars
- Mix the flour, cocoa powder, sugar, eggs and butter together. Separate between two 5 inch round spring form pans. Bake at 180C until a skewer comes out clean.
- When cool, sandwich together with chocolate fudge frosting.
- Spread frosting on the side of the cake and stick chocolate fingers around the sides. Tie a ribbon around the middle.
- Spread chocolate frosting on the top of the cake.
- Cut the chocolate bars into varying sizes and arrange at the back of the cake.
- Add smaller chocolates to the front of the cake.
There you go, one easy peasy homemade cake for a chocolate lover!