I made this pick 'n' mix anti gravity cake for little man's 5th Birthday. What child isn't going to like a cake topped with sweets? (I should have thought of this when I put it on the table they were sitting at as lots of little hands wanted to take off a sweet or two!)
I have made a number of anti gravity cakes. I like them as they have a wow factor but are actually really easy. This cake was made even easier by using chocolate fingers around the side of the cake.
Pick 'n' Mix Anti Gravity Cake
- 12oz self rasing flour
- 12oz caster sugar
- 12oz butter
- 6 eggs
- 1 cake pop stick
- 1 tub of Betty Crocker's chocolate fudge frosting
- 3 packets of chocolate fingers
- a few chunks of chocolate to melt
- pick 'n' mix sweets
- pick 'n' mix bag and a small piece of blu tack
- mix the flour, sugar, eggs and butter together. Separate between two 8inch round spring form pans. Bake at 180C until a skewer comes out clean.
- When cool, sandwich together with chocolate fudge frosting.
- Spread frosting on the side of the cake and stick chocolate fingers around the sides. Tie a ribbon around the middle.
- Spread chocolate frosting on the top of the cake.
- Add a cake pop stick to the centre.
- Melt the chocolate and use this as glue to stick sweets to the cake pop stick.
- Add pick 'n' mix sweets to the top of the cake.
- Attach the pick 'n' mix bag to the falling sweets, by sticking it around the sweets with a piece of blu tack.
This cake will feed around 25 children. I would like to say I will have a break from Birthday cakes for a while but it is big man's Birthday on Wednesday. He is all about the chocolate so I will attempt an easy and smaller chocolate explosion cake for him as he has already had his party.