I don't know about you, but I have given up buying supermarket sausage rolls. They are mainly pastry and not much flavour. These are packed full of flavour and are easily made with just 5 ingredients. (Well if you want to make your own pastry it will be more, but I bought some ready rolled shortcrust when it was on offer the other day.)
Cheese and Marmite Sausage Rolls
- 1 packet of ready rolled shortcrust pastry
- 6 sausages
- 100g grated cheddar
- 2tsp marmite
- 1 egg to wash
- Pre heat the oven to 180C.
- Take the sausages out of their cases and mix with the cheese and marmite. It will get messy!
- Make a line of filling down the pastry. Wrap the pastry around this and used the egg to stick the pastry together.
- Cut into chunks and place on a baking tray lined with grease proof paper.
- Cut 2 slits in the top of each and wash with egg.
- Bake until golden brown.
Perfect for any marmite lover! Do you love or hate marmite?