- 50g Muscavado sugar
- 100g butter
- 5tbsp golden syrup
- 225g plain flour
- 1/2tsp bicarbonate of soda
- 2tsp ground ginger
- Icing Sugar
- a few drops of water
- mini smarties
For The Decoration
- Mix all the gingerbread ingredients together, making sure that the muscavado sugar is not in clumps.
- Place in the fridge for 20 mins to harden.
- Roll out the gingerbread and cut out the gingerbread men shapes.
- Place on baking parchment and cook at 180C until golden brown.
- Allow to cool and mix together some icing sugar with water so a thick icing is formed. Place into a piping bag with a small round nozzle.
- Pipe bandages on the arms and legs and then the rest of the gingerbread mummy.
- Finish by adding mini smarties eyes and a small blog of icing in the middle.
Perfect for a Halloween party or an activity this half term.
Pin it for later: