These Halloween Mummy cupcakes are sure to give your guests a surprise this Halloween. They are easy to make with some ready made icing and smarties. Then bite inside to get a surprise!
Each cupcake is filled with some strawberry jam bit cutting a round in the cake.
Once covered with buttercream and the icing bandages the jam can no longer be seen.
A couple of smarties and an icing pen, finishes off these Halloween Mummies. They are both a trick and a treat!
Surprise Inside Halloween Mummy Cupcakes Cupcakes
- 4oz butter
- 4oz caster sugar Sugar
- 4oz self raising flour
- 2 medium eggs
- 150g Butter
- 300g Icing Sugar
- A chocolate icing pen
- White ready made icing
- Strawberry jam
For The Mummy Decoration
- Mix the cupcake ingredients together and divide between 12 cupcake cases. Bake at 180C until golden brown and a skewer comes out clean.
- Mix the butter and icing sugar together with a small amount of water to make the butter icing.
- Cut a circle in the middle of each cupcake. Fill with jam and place the cake back in.
- Cover each cake with buttercream.
- Roll the icing and cut a circle the same size as your cupcake. Cut this into strips and place on your cake. Trim where necessary.
- Use the icing pen to stick on two smarties for eyes and add pupils.
Pin it for later:
If video is more your thing then I have made a short one here shoeing you how I decorated them,