These cinnamon and cocoa bars are perfect with a cup of coffee. I was sent the original recipe along with some goodies from Three Sixty Coffee earlier this year and have only just got around to making them. Now I have tasted them, I am going to have to try some more variations soon!
I was also treated to Three Sixty Guatemala Antigua coffee and Organic Peru coffee. Both tasted smooth and full of flavour. It was nice to try some different flavours, rather than stick to my regular coffee. Three Sixty Coffee is stocked in Waitrose.
These cinnamon and cocoa bars are delicious. I had to vary the recipe from the original, as it turned out my baking cupboard wasn't as stocked up as I thought. However, that is the beauty of these bars. You can swap ingredients about to make them taste as you want. Maybe swap he cocoa nibs for dried fruits. Or half the quantity and add nuts. You can make them tastes as you want.
Cinnamon and Cocoa Bars
- 175g porridge oats
- 5g cinnamon
- 15g cacao nibs
- 75g butter
- 50g muscavado sugar
- 35g golden syrup
- Warm the cocoa nibs in an oven at 130C for 10 mins.
- Melt the butter and golden syrup together in a pan.
- Stir in the rest of the ingredients, including the roasted cocoa nibs.
- Line a small loaf tin with baking parchment and add the mixture and press down.
- Bake at 150C for 20 minutes
- Allow to cool and cut into slices.
- Enjoy with your favourite Three Sixty Coffee.
Pin it for later: