I made these Cappuccino cupcakes for me. Not for the boys. Me! And my they were good. Obviously I am a bit of a coffee fan. Cake is good too. Combine them and I am even happier.
I only made six cakes as I am trying not to be naughty at the moment. But you have to have the odd treat now and then. If you want to make 12, just double the mixture.
Makes 6 cupcakes
For the cupcakes
- 2oz butter
- 2oz caster sugar
- 1 egg
- 2 oz self raising flour
- 1 dessert spoon of instant coffee
For the frosting
- 150g icing sugar
- 50g butter
- 75g cream cheese
- To decorate I used some chocolate milkshake powder
- Preheat the oven to 180C.
- Mix all the cake ingredients together. I find that it is easier if the butter is melted in the microwave first.
- Divide the mixture between 6 cupcake cases.
- Bake until a skewer comes out clean. Allow to cool before adding the frosting.
- To make the cream cheese frosting mix the icing sugar, butter and cream cheese together using an electric whisk.
- Pipe this onto each cupcake and add use a small sieve to add some chocolate milkshake powder to each cake.
I have to say that I really enjoyed these. A step away from the usual chocolate or chocolate chip cakes that the boys enjoy. I am going to have to do a bit more baking for me. After making a Boozy Cupcakes Pinterest Board, I think that I need to give Mojito cupcakes a go next! What is your favourite cupcake flavour?
Pin it for later: