Having read Have Your Cake And Eat It recently, I decided that I should make some bakes with fruit added rather than chocolate. These peach and raspberry muffins were simple to make and tasted great. I used some tinned peaches and frozen raspberries, which is a great alternative when the fruit aren't quite in season (and works out much cheaper too!)
Peach And Raspberry Muffins
Makes 8 muffins
For the cupcakes
- 4oz butter
- 4oz plain flour
- 2 eggs
- 2 1/2 oz of caster sugar
- 1 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 3-4 raspberries per muffin
- Half a tin of peaches cut into chunks
- Cream the butter and sugar.
- Add the flour, baking powder and eggs. Mix well and then place in the fridge for an hour or so.
- Pre heat the oven to 200C.
- Place a spoonful of the muffin mix into the bottom of each on the muffin cases.
- Add a few raspberries and peach chunks
- Add another spoon of muffin mix on top of the fruit
- Bake for around 20 minutes.