Recently, I reviewed a Date Delivered subscription box which contained a spice box from The Spicery. Inside amongst lots of treats was a recipe for a lamb dansak. I have played around with it a bit and come up with this one. It serves 2-3 depending, depending on how many accompaniments you have with it.
- 300g diced leg of lamb
- 1 large tin of chopped tomatoes
- 2 cloves of garlic crushed
- 1cm cubed of ginger chopped
- 1 small red onion chopped
- 1tbsp curry powder
- 2tbsp brown sauce
- 50g dried red lentils
- Chop the red onion and fry in coconut oil until soft.
- Add the garlic, ginger and lamb and cook to seal the meat.
- Add the rest of the ingredients plus 300ml water.
- Cover the pan and simmer until the meat is soft. This will take an hour to an hour and a half. You may need to add a little more water if the sauce is getting too thick.
- Serve with rice and fresh coriander to garnish.
What is your favourite dish to have on a Friday night?
Pin it for later: