I used the grass nozzle from my piping kit. It is really simple to do. You just need to apply pressure and release. Luckily you tube is always on hand for cake decorating tips if you still aren't sure.
Malteaser Cupcakes With Malteaser Mini Bunnies
Makes 12 cupcakes
For the cupcakes
- 4oz butter
- 4oz caster sugar
- 2 egg
- 3 oz self raising flour
- 1/4oz cocoa powder
- 3/4 oz horlicks
- A handful of smashed Malteasters
For the frosting
- 200g icing sugar
- 100g butter
- 2tsp horlicks
- Green food gel - I use colorsplash
- Grass icing nozzle
- MaltEaster Mini Bunnies
- Sugar flowers
- Preheat the oven to 180C.
- Mix all the cake ingredients together. I find that it is easier if the butter is melted in the microwave first.
- Divide the mixture between 12 cupcake cases.
- Bake until a skewer comes out clean. Allow to cool before adding the frosting.
- To make the frosting mix the icing sugar, butter, horlicks and green colouring together using an electric whisk. It needs to be quite soft to be piped using the grass nozzle.
- Pipe the grass effect over the cupcake. Add a MaltEaster mini bunny to the top and a sugar flower to the side.
Nearly too cute to eat....but only nearly!
Pin it for later: