These 3 ingredient plum tarts are delicious hot or cold and are so simple to make. One of the things I love about blogging is that sometimes you get a surprise package. As the delivery driver turned up on Valentine's Day, I was wondering what I had been sent. I was pretty sure that it wasn't anything from my husband as we had agreed we would have a takeaway to declare our love for each other! A smile came to my face when it was some plums from SA Stonefruit.
I love plums, but it is one of those fruits I don't buy very often. After this delivery, I am not sure why.
I decided to make some simple tarts. They are delicious warm with some vanilla ice cream, but equally as tasty when cold. More like a danish pasty then.
3 Ingredient Plum Tarts
- Ready rolled puff pastry
- Plums (each tart uses half a plum.)
- Use a cookie cutter to cut out some puff pasty circles.
- Roll out a thin layer of marzipan and use a smaller cutter to cut out a circle.
- Place this on top of the puff pastry.
- Cut each plum in half and then into 4 or 5 slices.
- Place one slice on the marzipan and then arrange the remaining ones in a fan shape.
- Cook as per puff pastry guidelines. (I baked mine at 220C for around 18 minutes.)
- Enjoy warm with a scoop of vanilla ice cream. Or cold with a nice cup of tea.
For more recipe inspiration, check out these recipes.