This prawn and chickpea curry is so simple and quick to make. It would take longer to call up and order a dish from the takeaway! Well maybe that is a slight exaggeration but it really doesn't take long. Personally I like a curry on a Friday evening and after a long week, the last thing I want to do is spend hours slaving away in the kitchen. Add to the mix that this prawn and chickpea curry tastes amazing. It really is worth swapping your next takeaway with this easy to prepare and healthier version.
This curry would work well with chicken too, but would take slightly longer to cook. Dried chilies can be substituted if you don't have any fresh ones in. Again, you don't need to use fresh coriander to garnish but it does taste nice if you do.
I serve this with basmati rice, If you are tight for time, you can use the microwaveable packs that are ready in two minutes.
Prawn And Chickpea Curry
Makes 2-3 portions
- 1 small onion
- 1 clove of garlic
- 1 cm cubed of fresh ginger
- 2 tsp garam masala
- 1 tin chopped tomatoes (400g)
- 1 small tin chickpeas (200g)
- 150g prawns
- red chilli chopped (depends on how you like it. I use 1/2 a small chilli.)
- 1tbsp tomato puree
- 2tbsp coconut milk (optional)
- coconut oil (or vegetable oil)
- Add a tsp of coconut oil to a frying pan and add the chopped onion, garlic, ginger, chillis and garam masala and cook for 2 minutes
- Add the chickpeas and stir through. Next add the tomatoes, tomato puree and coconut milk. Simmer for about 10 minutes.
- Add the prawns and cook until pink and heated through.
- Serve with basmati rice and fresh coriander.
Pin it for later: