I used some plain cupcakes with chocolate frosting to make my polar bear cupcakes, but I think a chocolate cake with mint buttercream would be goo too.
Polar Bear Cupcakes
- 4oz butter
- 4oz caster sugar Sugar
- 4oz self raising flour
- 2 medium eggs
- White fondant icing
- Black fondant icing (or some ready made edible eyes.)
- White marshmallows
- A brown icing pen
- A packet of mini smarties
For The Polar Bear Decoration
- Mix the cupcake ingredients together and divide between 12 cupcake cases. Bake at 180C until golden brown and a skewer comes out clean.
- When cool add frosting to the top of each cake.
- Roll out the white icing and cut a circle slightly bigger than the top of your cupcake. Put this over the frosting.
- Roll two small balls of white icing and press your thumb into them. These are the ears, and put these on the top of the cupcake.
- Cut a white marshmallow in half and stick in the centre.
- Add a mouth and add a mini smartie for a nose.
- Make two eyes using white and black icing. Add these to finish off your cupcake.
Pin it for later: