These Christmas tree meringues are simple to make and go well with any fruit of your choosing. I chose to pair them with some half fat creme fraiche (as it is a bit lighter than cream) and some summer fruits that I defrosted from the freezer.
If you are having a party you can make the Christmas tree meringues in advance and plate them up just before you eat them. (Otherwise the meringues will start to dissolve in the creme fraiche!)
Christmas Tree Meringues With Summer Fruits
- 2 egg whites
- 180g caster sugar
- Green food gel
- Gold sugar stars
- Creme Fraiche
- Summer fruits
- Whisk the egg whites until stiff.
- Slowly whisk in the caster sugar a tablespoon at a time.
- Add green food gel to get the desired colour.
- Place into a piping bag with round nozzle.
- Pipe Christmas tree shapes onto Greaseproof paper.
- Add a golden sugar star to the top of each.
- Scatter some sprinkles over the top.
- Bake at 110C for around an hour.
- Open the oven door and allow to cool slowly.
- Serve with creme fraiche and fruit.