Again this recipe is easily adaptable. As my boys aren't keen on anything too spicy I just made them plain chicken ones.
Chicken And Chorizo Lattice Pie
- For the Pastry
- 100g Butter
- 225g Plain pastry
- Pinch of salt
- egg to wash
- 500g diced chicken.
- 175g diced chorizo
- 300ml double cream
- 1dsp mild chilli powder
- 1 chicken oxo cube
For the filling
- Start by cooking through the chicken and chorizo.
- Add the cream, chilli powder and oxo cube. Divide into 4 pie dishes.
- make the pastry by rubbing the butter and flour together. Add the salt and slowly add some water to combine.
- Roll out and cut into strips.
- make a lattice over the pie dish and brush with egg.
- Cook at 180C until golden brown.
This is a real treat and perfect for a winters evening.
Pin it for later: