With Bonfire night around the corner I have been making these popping edible sparklers. They are really simple and if you don't mind the kids getting melted chocolate everywhere (including around their faces if they are like mine) then it is a great activity to get them involved in.
The best part about them is the popping that goes off in your mouth when you eat them thanks to the popping candy that can now be found in most baking aisles.
Popping Edible Sparklers
- A packet of plain breadsticks
- An assortment of sprinkles
- White and Plain chocolate or cake covering. Personally I found the cake covering easier to work with as it hardened quicker meaning there was less mess when waiting for them to harden.
- Popping candy.
- Start by placing the breadsticks in the fridge for 20 minutes. This makes the chocolate harden quicker.
- Next melt some of your chosen chocolate.
- Dip a breadstick in the chocolate and use a spoon to pour over the chocolate so that around half the stick is covered.
- Sprinkle over hundreds and thousands and coloured stars.Bake at 180C until golden brown and a skewer comes out clean.
- Lastly sprinkle some popping candy to give your edible sparklers an extra fizz!
Perfect for a bonfire night party or half term activity with the little ones.
Pin it for later: