Wednesday, 27 May 2015
Weight Watchers Feel Good Food Cafe
Weight Watchers are on the road this summer to show how eating our favourite foods and being healthy needn't impact on our wellbeing and happiness. You can find the Feel Good Cafe at:
Windrush Square, Brixton: 4th - 6th June
Queen Victoria Statue, Manchester: 11th-14th June
Dortmund Square, Leeds: 19th - 21st June
Victoria Square Birmingham: 24th-27th June
Weight watchers have put together 10 top tips to help you feel good this summer:
1. Be inspired: ‘It may be an old photo or a quote but put this in a place such as on the fridge or on your phone where it will always inspire you and remind you of your goal.
2. Get support: Do it with a friend. Buddy up with a fellow member or, for extra Leader advice, our experts are on hand 24/7 with the new Weight Watchers Expert Chat at weightwatchers.co.uk
3. Track: Our mix-and-match menu plan makes it easy to stay in control, but you still need to track. When you say ‘I’ll take a treat from my weekly allowance,’ make sure you do!
4. Sip smart: Our body weight is two-thirds fluid, which means staying hydrated is key to staying healthy. Aim to drink 6–8 glasses (1.2 litres) of fluid per day - a great choice is water
5. Get fruity: Fruit is not just essential for health, it’s also a great hunger- busting back-up if it’s a bit too early for lunch. With zero ProPoints values, there’s no reason not to munch!
6. Be kit wise: An expensive price tag doesn’t necessarily make a pair of trainers the best ones out there. Do your research and ask a shop assistant for a proper fitting to ensure a correct fit
7. Jot it down: Don’t have time to exercise? Then make time. Putting a regular slot in your journal to follow the fitness part of the plan will help you break through the time barrier
8. Measure up: Jot down your waist, hip and leg measurements each week. Inches lost and your changing body shape will also spur you on
9. Treat yourself: Banning foods will only make you want them more so treat yourself on your days off. Banish the kids, turn off your phone and savour it.
10. Celebrate your wins: For each goal, whether it be an extra set of squats or losing a few pounds, share your great news with family or friends so they can keep you motivated.
I certainly need to take on some of these tips and not just for summer. How about you? Unfortunately I can't make it to a Feel Good Cafe but will be trying some Weight Watchers goodies and keep you updated.