When Tara set this weeks theme for The Gallery, I thought it would be easy. I thought I would just look back for the oldest picture on the computer and write something about it.
Whilst looking for such a picture I found out a few things:
1. Our really old photos don't seem to be in date order. I think we have scanned photos in meaning they have gone out of order.
2. I was a lot thinner than I ever realised I was.
3. I used to sleep a lot and by the look of things my husband thought it would be a good idea to take pictures of this
4. There are a lot of unflattering photos that I need to go through and delete
5. I took a lot of photos when I went skiing. I think that snow scenes are very pretty.
So I decided after this that I would have a look on Facebook instead. Here is a younger me.
I was just a few days off of turning 30, and I thought a good way to celebrate was to hurl myself out of a plane at 15,000 feet strapped to a stranger. To be perfectly honest, I dislike flying so much, it wasn't that much of a decision to hurl myself out of the plane. I was happier out than in. The fact I had a man videoing me meant I felt I should smile rather than look totally terrified. It was an amazing experience, but I'm not sure if I will have the courage to do it again. Having little ones to look after means you worry more. Although having said that I did Google, how likely it was to die on a tandem skydive the night before I jumped. If I remember correctly it was less likely than getting struck by lightening. As I had made it to 29 without too many thunder storms to be scared of, I felt the odds were in my favour.
So that is how I celebrated my third decade. Now I need ideas for my fourth. I am thinking that maybe a nice relaxing holiday is in order rather than something as exhilarating as a skydive. What do you think?