Last year I joined in with Claire's Get Good Summer and quite frankly was a bit of a failure. I still haven't read the book I was going to read and the only thing I did well at was making a Mojito. So this year, I will do better and I will choose 5 broad themes so I don't feel like a total failure.
1. First up I want to make our garden look better. Maybe do a couple of pots with pretty coloured flowers, maybe do something crafty. Anything I do will be a bonus as it is looking pretty unloved at the moment.
2. Make my own play dough and/or moonsand. Something I have been meaning to do but not got round to. With the summer coming up this will keep the boys entertained.
3. Cook more. I like cooking but don't do as much as I would like so that's why this is going on my list.
4. Do some crafting. I love all things crafty but yet again don't have much time to do it. I think I need to spend some time crafting and it will help with point 5.
5. Organise the house better. I just want a more ordered house. Therefore I need to organise it better. I need to go through the boys rooms and recycle old sticker books, make sure toys are in sets so that they can be played with. Not the most exciting of tasks but I think it will make me happier.
So you can check back and see how I do. Surely I can't be worse than last year?